Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Perfect Couple

My hubby and I are perfect for each other. I know most people don't see that at first. It really takes a LONG time to break into my hubby's circle of trust, but once you get there, you will see why we are a perfect match. Yes, he seems much quieter than I am, but deep down he is sassy, sarcastic, and hysterical. Let me tell you about a little conversation we had the other day. I found these super cute flip flops that had velcro on the straps so you could buy cute little straps and switch them out to go with different outfits. Genius, I thought. How great would it be to buy this ONE pair of cute little flip flops and then get all these different straps and be able to change them up all the time, but still only have one pair. I was ridiculously excited about these (and still am). So, I went to tell this whole story to my hubby about finding them and how cool they were and what some of the different straps looked like and how much I loved them......and his reaction was nothing close to what I was wanting from him at the time. It was nothing short of a blank stare and total disinterest. So, I sulkingly said to him, "You know, sometimes I wish you were a girl so conversations with you would be waaaay more fun!". To which he immediately replied, "You know, sometimes I wish you were a guy so you would stop talking." And then I burst out laughing. That wit, ladies and gentleman, is one of the hundreds of reasons why I love my husband.

2 comments:

  1. The best thing about this is that I can hear you talking. And him too. KEEP IT UP. Loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I'm not sure if I'm in Josh's circle of trust yet, but I have to think I have a somewhat of a front row seat if not b/c ya'll let me play that weird wizard game with you. I'm pretty sure you don't just do that with anyone.
    2. I too love this story and heard/saw the whole thing in my head (except in my version you're still sitting in your old rent-house dining room b/c I still have a hard time picturing the new house and those bright yellow walls just stick with ya)
    3. I'm not sure how to follow or be a part of the blogging world, but I love that you are and you're amazing.
    4. Do I get some credit for your profile name? I'm pretty sure I've been calling you B-rock since SIFE regionals in Cincy. I'm just sayin. . . .

    ReplyDelete