Sunday, December 12, 2010

Procrastinate....

I found out in college that I am the master of all procrastination efforts. And now that I am back to taking some classes, those skills have come back in full swing. I have a 9 page paper due tonight by midnight, I have yet to start it, and instead I am writing another blog post and doing some online browsing. But, I do have a funny story for you....and then a rant. I will share my funny story first, so that if you don't want to read my rant, you can easily check out. You're welcome.

Funny story - I have somehow developed a food allergy to eggs. Which is interesting because I never knew that you could develop allergies to foods this late in life. And this is also tragic because my favorite meal to eat out is breakfast....and that always includes eggs. But within the past 6 months to a year, whenever I have eaten straight-up eggs, I have become violently ill - for several days. Not pretty. Anywho, I have really been missing eggs lately and decided to try some eggbeaters and see if that would fill my void. So, I purchased a carton of eggbeaters at the grocery store last night to try sometime this week. My hubby finished his breakfast of sausage gravy and biscuits this morning and was looking for a nice big drink to wash it all down. So, he grabbed the carton of eggbeaters, poured himself a cup, and took a big giant swig. He then proceeded to gag and make puking sounds and yell "You tricked me! You tricked me!" In awe of what was going on in front of me, I wondered how on earth I was involved in any trickery that would force my husband to take a big (disgusting) drink of eggbeaters! Well, my hubby had taken one look at the carton and read egg, refused to read the next line of equally large font (because he is a man) and then just assumed that I bought a carton of egg nog because it is the holiday season. And obviously because I bought a carton of eggbeaters, I therefore tricked my husband into thinking that it was egg nog and sneakily gave him a dry breakfast to have him only desire to wash it all down by a glass of egg nog. So to all you ladies out there that were going to try this same "trickery" on your husbands, you better do it fast.....my husband is out spreading the word.

Rant - I am T.I.R.E.D. of people whining about not having enough money for this or that or life in general, but they A.L.W.A.Y.S. have enough money to do what they want to do. I am T.I.R.E.D. of people not making selfless sacrifices to do something that is right. People that complain about money, but make selfish decisions with their money over and over and over again have now fallen on deaf ear. Really, my suggestion is this: stop making excuses. How you live your life, what you spend your money on, and how you spend your time shows every single priority to you. I really don't care anymore if those are the priorities that you choose, BUT stop pretending that you don't have enough money to make something else your priority. Your life is an obvious representation of what matters to you.

I'm done now. Should I start my 9 page paper now? :)

1 comment: